We started weaning Sam off the bottle yesterday. His doctor is a big believer in taking the bottle away at the year mark. This week, Sam started not drinking as much when we would offer him a bottle so we thought we would take advantage and start skipping bottle feedings. We've replaced the feedings with meal and snack times. Yesterday was the first try. It was very successful. Sam went from 6-7 bottles a day to having only 3 bottles yesterday. The rest of the day he had meals and fruit. Sam's favorite thing in the world is fruit! Seen in these pictures eating a skinned plum, you can see he is quite content. Today, he hasn't had a bottle at all. He seems quite happy having food instead.We always knew we wouldn't have trouble weaning Sam off the bottle. Since he was much younger, he's always preferred food instead of milk. He's never tasted a food he didn't like. He doesn't mind spices, garlic, onion, or anything else we've introduced him too. We feel very lucky to have a son that is such a good and healthy eater. The only thing we have found that he is not a fan of is Ketchup. That could be because I had it by the truck-load when I was pregnant with him. Who knows!

1 comment:
Erica he is just too cute! I love his hair. It's getting longer and it has a curl to it. I was catching up on your blog and I loved his Sunday best. He is quite the ladies man.
Love you, Sayda
Post a Comment