Saturday, June 28, 2008

My Favorite Song

We recently watched Disney's "Meet the Robinson's". It is now one of my favorite Disney movies. There is a song in it that reminds me of being a parent. The moral of the song is basically not to worry about the things you can't change or the things you can't control. In the end, it will only be the happy, heart-moving moments you will remember. As Walt Disney is quoted in the movie, you must always "Keep Moving Forward".

I thought I'd share it with you.

LITTLE WONDERS by ROB THOMAS

Let it go, Let it roll right off your shoulder
Don't you know
The hardest part is over
Let it in,
Let your clarity define you
In the end,
we will only just remember how it feels

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours,
These small hours still remain

Let it slide,
Let your troubles fall behind you
Let it shine
Until you feel it all around you
And i don't mind
If it's me you need to turn to
We'll get by,
It's the heart that really matters in the end

Our lives are made
In these small hours
These little wonders,
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away,
But these small hours,
These small hours still remain

All of my regret
Will wash away some how
But i can not forget
The way i feel right now
In these small hours
These little wonders
These twists & turns of fate
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away but these small hours
These small hours, still remain,
They still remain

These little wonders
These twists & turns of fate
Time falls away
But these small hours
These little wonders still remain


I already see those memories come alive in my heart. I haven't slept since my son was born, I've endured colic and teething, Ryan and I sleep on 20 inches of a king size bed (because our son takes up the rest of it!).....and yet if you asked us about our boy, we would remember the night he was born, the first time he smiled, the first time he said 'DADA', the first time he kissed and hugged us...and it's only the beginning. That's what the song means. It's those small hours, those little wonders that remain in your heart and memory. That's why I love this song.


Samuel Ryan Vest - Born August 22, 2007 at 8:04pm PST. A day we will never forget!!

3 comments:

SAYDA said...

Beautiful song! Those are the times you remember with all of them. Love, Sayda

SAYDA said...

I have a blog too!
sandra-james.blogspot.com
It's not finished yet. It will be a great way to keep in touch and see family pictures. Sam looks older since I saw him last. He is so cute!
Lee

The Jones' said...

I love this song so much! Sissy sent it to me once when I was having a rough time, and not wanting to grow up... It's nice to be reminded that sometimes we just need to let stuff "roll right off our shoulders."

Love you guys,
Bree