Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sam LOVES Helicopters!

On Tuesday night, Ryan worked late. About 8:00pm, the kids were still up and Dad thought he would fly over the house to signal me that he would be back on base and home soon. Well, nothing prepared us for Sam's reaction to his father's late night flight. He ran to the screen door where he could hear (not see since it was dark) his father's helicopter flying overhead. He started yelling "Daddy, pick me up. Daddy, pick me up. Please Daddy, come here and pick me up." He started crying as if his heart was breaking and would yell out that his father was gone and didn't come to get him. Grandma Nancy and I were so moved we started crying too as I held Sammy in my arms to comfort him. He'd look up at me and said "I want to fly with Daddy, mom, and he left without me. When I have a helicopter, I'm going to fly over the house and pick you, daddy, grandma and Andy up for a ride" Needless to say, it was a night we would never forget.

On Thanksgiving morning, we decided to take Sam to visit Dad's base and see his helicopters. Sam has always wanted to see dad's helicopter up close. He had the time of his life. He's asked to go back a few times a day ever since. Sam loves all planes but absolutely loves helicopters. Here a some pictures we took. Enjoy!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Sam at Dad's work
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Ash said...

Hi Erica, it's Nellie. All your videos are so special. You must be so proud of Ryan and how he flies. Your children are so beautiful! Next time maybe you can put Nancy in a video. I would love to see her! Miss you all.

Love,
Nellie

Yvonne said...

Aah I would have liked Mica to be there with Sam watching Ryan fly over your house. She would have comforted Sam. She loves hugs!

SAYDA said...

I love those pictures of Sam. He is so cute! That story broke my heart. What a sweet little boy.