
Today is Ryan and my anniversary. It's not the day we married. It's the day we met. I met my now husband seven years ago today. Many of you don't know this but Ryan and I met online. It was late one Saturday night and I found him on a church website. He was stationed in Corpus Christi which was just a couple of hours from where I was living. I decided to write him an email. We wrote each other for almost a year before meeting in person. In that time, we became the best of friends. It's easy to tell a stranger everything you think and feel. We told each other everything. We were friends for another six months after that before dating. We dated for a year before marrying. We have now been married almost five years. Now, seven years, two sons (almost) and four moves later, I love him more than I did the day I married him.
Ryan often asks me why this anniversary means so much to me. He thinks our wedding anniversary should be more special to me - it isn't. This day means the most because it is the day the Lord lead me to my eternal companion. We can very rarely pinpoint the exact moment that God himself looked upon us and bestowed His blessing. I can. I was 26 years old and losing faith that I would ever find my soul mate. For a moment, I remember thinking that although I had been faithful, God had forsaken me. I had been patient to no avail. But on this day, seven years ago, Heavenly Father gave me the most treasured of all my blessings. He lead to me the man of my dreams. So today isn't just the day I met my husband. To me, it's the day that Heavenly Father showed me how much he loved me by leading me to such a special man.
So for those I love who haven't found their prince (or princess), wait forever if you have to. It's worth the wait once you find this kind of love. God does not forsake us. Things just happen in HIS time not ours.

5 comments:
Hey Dear Misela,
Susan cried and I choked up reading your tender feelings about the day you met your guitar playing prince. Keep on going girl. It just gets better! We love all of you sooooooo good! Thank you for sharing your tender message of encouragement and faith. Love, Moses and Susan
Erica vote for my turkey on Raspberry Lemonade...please.
Wonderful post. We love Ryan.
Have a happy live. It even gets better after your 25th year. 29 years is the best.
We love you, Sayda
Happy Anniversary!! That is so beautiful!
Love,
Stephenie
Happy Anniversary you two! Erica, I'm so thankful for your marriage to Ryan because I don't know if we would have met otherwise and I know we are meant to be friends! I love you so!
Post a Comment