Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

To all of our family and friends, happy thanksgiving!! We miss and love you very much. It's hard being in Nevada away from everyone we love. Today is a day to remember all of those blessings we take for granted. We have so much to be thankful for. First, there is so much love in our home. We are very thankful for that. Where there is love, there is peace and a haven for faith and hope. We are very thankful for that. We have all of the material things we stand in need of (and some of the material things we don't need but just enjoy). We are thankful for that. Ryan has a job that he loves which gives me the privilege of staying home for a while with my boy (soon to be boys!). We are very thankful for that. We all have our health (mostly) but most importantly we have access to health care when we are ill. I sometimes think that is the greatest of all of our blessings. We live in a country that is free from tyranny and war in streets. I couldn't imagine living like they do in other countries where they are in constant fear of death. We are thankful for all of the privileges living in this country allows us - and for all the men and women in uniform that make it possible. I, personally, am very thankful for having my mother with me. I sometimes wonder if I could do it all without her. I'm thankful for a husband that I adore. I'm thankful for the man that he is, the husband he has become and the father that he is to Sam. I see him with Sam and thank God that I chose the perfect father for my children. I am sooooo thankful for that!
So on this holiday season as things are tougher economically than normal, remember all the of the riches you already have right on front of you. Also, remember that complaining doesn't help and that things could ALWAYS get worse so be thankful for what you have. I promise that if you start making a list, you will be so humbled by how rich in blessings you are - you might never complain again. We love you all! Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I agree wholeheartedly! When you start feeling down, just say a prayer and start counting those blessings. We definitely have so much to be thankful for!

Take Care!
Love,
Stephenie

Raspberry Lemonade said...

Hi Erica

I'm back from vaction and enjoying your words of thanks!