

My little boy is growing up! He had his one year old physical on Friday. The doctor said he is doing wonderfully. He is in the 25% in weight (meaning 75% of most kids his age weigh more than him) and off the charts - 120%- in height (meaning that he is taller than almost everyone his age). He is 32.8 inches tall and 20.6 pounds. Dr. Clark is praying for an NBA star so that Mom and Dad can retire! As for his vocabulary, a boy his age should know 1-3 words. Sam knows 8-9 (mama, dada, nana, grandma, bye-bye, nellie, go, fishies - and around 20 more that we don't know what he's saying). Dr. Clark says that Sam is going to be a talkative boy which is rare for a boy. Girls start talking at a year. Boys start talking after 18 months. Sam's ahead of the curve! He's also walking up a storm now! He can cross a room without help. He only falls after around 15 steps or so. He gets better every day. He had his 1 yr old shots and has done very well so far. No side effects. Sammy loves getting dressed up like daddy on Sundays. He's seen here in his birthday church outfit from his Grandma Joycelyn. Topped off by his Mickey Mouse tie (from his mama). Mickey ties are very popular in our house. His daddy wears them all the time, too. We feel very blessed to have a healthy, happy boy (with one on the way).

3 comments:
He looks lovely with his church clothing. Cute, cute Sam!
Sayda
Sammy! He is so handsome! I haven't kissed him since May, but then again, Beau Ryan might get jealous now if I did. I guess boys now days are just talkative. I know Beau Ryan wants to talk so much now days! All day all you hear are his "coos" and "ohhhs." I can swear he even says my name!It's awesome how both cousins are in the good percentilles! Sam and Beau Ryan are going to be such tall and handsome boys!
Erica this is the cutest post ever! I hadn't heard it with the music before. It goes so well with the music. He is so dang cute!
Sayda
Post a Comment