Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Olive Garden

We've been very lucky that Sam is well behaved in restaurants. We wanted to get him use to going out. His first restaurant visit was when he was a week old. We've been taking him out regularly ever since. He sits in his high chair and is usually always well-behaved. If we miss one of his naps, he's not so well behaved, but that's our fault not his. Even then, that's only happened once or twice that I can remember. The rest of the time, people come up to us and ask us how we did it to have him so well trained in public. I wish I could take the credit. The only thing I can think of is that we started him young and that helped. Eating out has become as common to him as eating in. Hence, he's just as comfortable in a restaurant as he is at home.
Well, Mom and I recently had lunch at an Olive Garden and had Sam with us. We will always cherish the memory. He was well behaved, ate a bit of everything (the salad olives were his favorite), didn't make a mess and seemed to be satisfied after his meal. He loves breadsticks! He even ate lettuce from our salad. He munched on beans from our soup. He was open to try anything and seemed to be enjoying it. It's memories like this that his grandma and I will never forget.
(Oh, and he also loves to suck on lemons as seen above)

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

That is so cute how he fits perfectly in that little Tonka truck. One day you'll say "I can't believe he use to fit there." That 'one day' will come too soon.I'm glad his exended family enjoyed him. Who wouldn't enjoy such a cute little guy? I love little babies at restaurants when they're well behaved too. Little Sophie just sits there in her high chair and enjoys everyone. I think they love socializing. If only they could talk. I bet they'd have so much to say.
Aunt Sayda

Anonymous said...

Sam is so beautiful. I can't wait to see him again. He really looks like he is enjoying his food.

Love,

Nyla