Tuesday, June 3, 2008

"Stop yelling mom"

Sam just started crawling and is already getting himself into mischief. Because of that, I find myself saying "No, Sam, don't!". I don't yell but those that know me know that my voice is loud and can carry a bit of a punch. So Sam has picked up the habit that when I yell at him he tells me stop with his hand! I don't know if it's "stop" that he's trying to say or "calm down" or "wait a minute" but the hand goes straight up in the air everytime! It takes everything I have to stop from laughing. I don't laugh (at least not on front of him) and I won't. I want my son to obey me when I caution him from doing something where he can get hurt, but when he turns around and puts that hand in the air I can't help but want to laugh. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen. So I wait and at night, in the privacy of my bed, I think of my little boy with his hand in the air and I can't stop laughing.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica,

That is the cutest thing ever. He is adorable. I couldn't help but laugh as I was reading it. I bet he is telling you "talk to the hand mom".

Love you,

Nyla

SAYDA said...

He is so cute Erica. You better tone it down, ok? Hehehe
Love you, Sayda

TnT Bingham said...

That is too cute! We love you! ...we are counting down to our fun weekend! =)