Sunday, June 1, 2008
My son's life in pictures.
I've gone a little crazy lately taking pictures of Sam. He's at such a cute age that I just don't want to miss a thing. Sam is fun to take pictures of because he actually enjoys it. I think he has caught on to the fact that we want him to smile when we point the camera at him. Because of that, he starts smiling as soon as he sees the camera turn on. What a fun kid! I've officially become THAT mother. The one who takes way too many pictures of her son because she thinks he's the most beautiful thing alive! My good friends Cam and Jen once warned me of this. (Yes ladies, you were right). Something happens when you become a mother. Something changes in your heart. At least it did for me. Things I once thought were important (like sleep) have now come second to my son's well being. The greatest thing about my son, though, is that he has easily fit into the life Ryan and I were already use to. I would have struggled if I had had a child that didn't like eating out or cried all the time. Or if I had a child that didn't like to travel. Sam couldn't be a better kid when it comes to going out or traveling. He's easy going, much like my mom. Ryan always teases that we tell mom to get in the car and she does. It isn't until halfway (or sometimes not at all) to our destination that she asks where we are going! Sam is going to have a very similar personality. He's just happy to be alive and with his family. Where we are going or what we are doing in any given day is of no greater consequence to him. He's just always ready to go and have fun. Ryan and I are very lucky to have him. He has truly spoiled us as parents. We just pray that the rest of our children are as easy going as he is (although our doctor guarantees that 'God only gives you one SAM') . He's probably right but we can still pray!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Sam IS adorable and oh so photogenic! It's so cute that he loves pictures. In pictures, it seems as if he loves people too. That's funny about Nancy.... "Where are we going?"
I can just hear my dear sisters little voice asking. She is such a sweetheart. You are so lucky to have her in your life. I love her!
What I would do to have my mom in my life, especially my house.
Love you all so, so much!
Sayda
I LOVE it!!!! I'm still laughing about cute Nancy. It's SO true. Ah, I love her so much. You guys really are so much fun. Sam is adorable, and full of smiles. I SO can't wait to meet this little one. Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. It meant the world to me. You better keep leaving some. ;-) What fun that we all get to keep up with eachothers lives.
LOVE YOU and MISS YOU!
We love the pictures (especially the one in the white shirt and tie!) We also had fun "rocking out" to Freeze Frame....I think it's my boys' new favorite song! =) Fun pick! Love you guys!
Post a Comment