Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Preparing for Texas


Well, I will spend most of today preparing for our trip to Texas. It is so fun, yet overwhelming, to prepare to travel with an infant. Do I have enough of this? Did I pack enough of that? Did I bring his favorite toy? Did I pack too much? You can drive yourself crazy with questions. SOOO, I have found the secret to traveling with a baby - don't sweat the stuff that can be bought there. I try to concentrate my time on packing the things that are unique to Sam (favorite toy, binkie, things he likes) and then just try not to forget the other stuff. The good thing is that if I forget anything, there is a Target or BabiesRUs everywhere. That has helped make this last month more bearable. This is the third trip in a month, and Sam is fairing like a champ and veteran traveler. He's such a good kid. I wish all of you knew him like I do. He's easy going. He never fusses. He's always laughing, and he's never upset about anything at all. The best thing about Sam is that he's adaptable. The only thing in the world he's really attached to (he doesn't have a blankie or anything like that) is his family. He looks around and as long as we are there, his world is complete. Nothing else matters. I consider myself very lucky. I can't wait for my family in Texas to get to know him a little bit. I know they are going to love him and his sweet spirit. I must have done something right in this world to be so blessed. I feel like if God gave me my own piece of heaven. Whenever I'm down or discouraged, all I have to do is look at him and suddenly there's sunshine.

2 comments:

SAYDA said...

Good luck traveling! Tell everyone hello for me and give them a squeeze for me. I'm so jealous. Wish I was going to Texas with you. That picture of Sam is adorable. Can't wait to see him again.
Love, Sayda

SAYDA said...

Your little man is so cute Erica! I just love looking at his pictures. You're a wonderful mother! I bet it has a lot to do with that amazing mom you grew up with.

Love You All,
Bree