Sam has been on a roll with the wit of a two year old recently. As he gets older, his observations on the world get more and more funny.
Yesterday morning at 4am, Sam woke me up by patting me on the cheek. Once I was more or less awake, he proceeded to stand next to my bed and sing a rousing rendition of twinkle, twinkle little star. When he finished, he could see I was confused, so he took me by the hand, said, "Follow me Daddy." and led me to the living room. He walked me to the sliding glass door, pointed to all the stars in the sky, and sang the song again. He then took my hand and led me back to bed. I'm not sure if I should be proud that he correlated the stars in the sky with the song, or concerned that he was roaming the house in the middle of the night.
When Sam is naughty, often his mother will count to three, with the understanding that if she gets to three and he hasn't stopped what he's doing, timeout or a spanking will follow. Last week, the following conversation ensued:
Erica: "Sam...1....2.."
Sam: "Mom, why do you do that?"
Erica:"Well, if you don't stop what you are doing and I get to 3 you are going to get spanked."
Sam:"But mom, don't you know it scares me and that's not nice".
Today, Sam was laying in bed with his mom and had gas. His mom asked him "Sam are you tooting?" and he responded by saying "No, Mom, it's Dad. He smells" (Dad was not in the room at the time.)
But of all the Sam-isms, his mom's favorite was this morning. Sam likes to snuggle in the morning after waking up. His mom was holding him in her arms and usually tells him she loves him over and over. Well, today, he hugged her so tight that it blocked her mouth so she couldn't speak. Instead she sighed. In response Sammy said "I know Mom. I know you love me". What a great kid!
Sunday, January 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment