I'm sorry we have been out of touch for a while. Life in the Pena-Vest home has become quite crazy (more than usually). Mom is recovering and doing very well (thank God), Ryan is busy with work (he's hardly home), Sam grows and talks more and more each day, Andy now eats at the table with us, I've been busy running a home and a home-based business and we are moving in around four months (which means selling our home, packing, making arrangements, finding a new place to live...the list goes on). Needless to say, we've been preoccupied with life. I can't imagine it getting any crazier but I am also not daring fate to show me how it could!!
As for an update on my boys, Sam is the coolest little boy I've ever known. He's strange in all the fun ways. His new thing recently is to declare that he is FUNNY! "I'm funny" he walks around saying while giggling to himself. Sometimes to make him mad and I say "You are not funny" and he yells back "Yes mom, I"m funny!" The word funny has been defined by my son as a cross between fun and humorous. Ironically, it's become his highest compliment when he refers to others. Yesterday, he was recalling Ryan's family. He was sitting on the floor saying "Mom, Jodi is funny. Krissy is funny. Grandma Joycelyn is nice, Grandpa Ani is nice (He calls Andy "Ani" and we assume he thinks "Randy" is an "Ani" too). I responded by saying "Yes, son, that's right" although I was perplexed. Sam has a special place in his heart for his Uncle Michael so it surprised me that he forgot to mention him. Then suddenly, Sam continues by saying "Mom, Michael is nice AND funny". We all started laughing. What a great kid!
As for Andy, he's still all smiles. Even when he is upset or crying, if you look at him, he smiles at you - like if he can't help but be sunshine! He is currently giving us a run for our money because he's going through a growth spurt so we can't seem to feed him enough. He wakes up at 4 am demanding a meal (which is so unlike him) so sleeping has become a luxury in this house that we don't get often. Now, when we go out to eat, we order a meal for BOTH boys. We have just gotten a glimpse of how expensive our lives are going to be in the future. He can almost out eat his brother.
The funny thing about Sam and eating is that Sam eats when HE is ready. You can see him go all day without wanting to eat, but then when he finally sits down to eat, he eats and eats and eats. You can't rush him or make him eat...he eats only when he is ready. Andy can always eat and enjoys it. I'm lucky that neither of my boys is a picky eater. I told their doctor that Sam loves onion, garlic, and spices and he said that was abnormal...in fact his words were 'very abnormal for his age'. He then said for me to expect Sammy to have a 'sophisticated palate' (SOUNDS EXPENSIVE!)
Both boys are full of energy. Andy is trying to walk but refuses to crawl. He loves to stand on furniture and even when he falls he wants to stand right back up. My boys love to give each other kisses and hugs. We are very lucky to have two great (and healthy) kids.
I promise to write more soon.
Saturday, October 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment