We've been so busy around her preparing for our trip to Disneyland. It's easy when you are busy to forget to stop and take a moment to write in one's journal. That's what this is for me - a record of these years that seem to be slipping by so fast. My oldest son turned two on Saturday. I know it sounds trite but it seems like just yesterday that he was born. I wish you all knew him better. He's truly a gem. No one ever tells you when you are pregnant that everything you once thought you knew about love is about to change. Never in my wildest dreams could I imagine loving something so much so instantly. Sam has been a character since the day he was born. You can see his soul in his eyes. He was born alert and ready for adventure. He takes a lot of energy but is worth every second. He has a tender heart and hopefully, if nurtured, will have an incredible work ethic. The highlight of his day is if he is asked to help...with anything. He loved helping his grandpa Randy with the yard work. He loves helping Grandma Nancy clean. He loves helping Daddy fix anything. He loves helping his mom care for Andy. Sammy is kind to others. He has every reason to act like a snobby prince - since he is treated as such, but at his party the other day, his only concern was for his friends comfort and paid no mind to the fact that they were playing with his toys. Sam is loved by all that know him. He's easy to love. What can I say, God blessed us with one of his most treasured spirits and I pray everyday that I can help mold him into the man that he is destined to become. I've never had a responsibility that I honor or treasure more.
The greatest honor I've ever been given is the trust God placed in me to be Sam's mom. Whenever I feel down, all it takes is the sight of his brown curls to bring a smile to my face and a cheerful ache to my heart.
I'm truly blessed to know him.
My cup runneth over...

No comments:
Post a Comment