I sometimes think that we go on and on in this blog about our kids that we forget to tell you about what Ryan and I are up to. I will share more of that in the future, but today I have only one thought - my childhood idol's funeral was today. Yes, for those that didn't know me as a child, I was the biggest Michael Jackson fan in the world (my cousin Yvonne even called me on the day he died to make sure I was all right)! Today finds me a bit sad - not because I knew him or anything - but because a piece of my childhood gets buried today. Isn't it funny that just like a song can transport you to a memory of the past, a person or icon can remind you of a whole part of your life? Put aside everything people say about him, or what he was accused of, or what he looked like in later years - I was a Michael Jackson fan and I always will be. He will always remind me of my childhood watching MTV (before MTV got weird) with my mom, of the first record I ever bought, the first thing I ever recorded on a "VCR", the first poster I ever hung on my wall...It's silly, but I'm sad today.
RIP MJ
Tuesday, July 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
We were some crazy kids!
Aw I feel the same. I remember buying my first Michael Jackson CD when I was 8. I wish he realized how many people loved him and how many young fans he has. I even have his concert DVDs and number one videos DVD! I even made mom record his memorial for me while I was in San Antonio. : /
Post a Comment