
I thought it might be fun to have Sammy answer a tag. Since our family and friends don't know Sam very well, I thought it might be nice to tell you seven things about him you probably don't know.
1) Sammy sings (hums) a song every morning when he wakes up. His usual favorites are "Are you sleeping?", "Yo Ho, A Pirate's Life's for me", "My Bonny lies over the ocean" or "Roll-over". As part of his morning routine, he wakes up mom and dad by humming his song then asking for kisses and snuggles - first dad, then mom. Yes, Sammy sleeps with his mom and dad.
2) Sammy loves going through drawers. Unfortunately he gets things out of drawers and doesn't put them back. I had the same habit as a child but I always left things in the drawer. I never took anything out. I did it so much that my aunts called me "the file clerk" because my head and fingers were always in a drawer. Sammy takes the stuff out and just throws it on the floor! Crazy kid! (See picture above)
3) Sammy doesn't like for the person feeding him to eat his last bite (much like me). When he's getting close to finishing the meal you are feeding him, he will stare at it very closely to make sure you don't take the last bite.
4) Only Grandma Nancy can put him to sleep. No matter who he is with or who he is playing with, when he is ready for sleep, he searches everywhere for his grandma. It doesn't matter what she is doing, he expects her to drop everything to put him to bed. Usually by the time he finds his grandma, he will be asleep in a matter of seconds. On nights when grandma is not available or went to bed early, Ryan and I suffer very much. It takes us hours to put him to bed when it only takes her seconds.
5) Sam loves all food. He's never met a food he doesn't like. He will try anything you give him. He has been a 'taster' since he was born. Even when he was being breastfed, he would taste first then eat. It kind of reminds you of someone tasting fine wine. Every time he eats, he tastes first - stops - looks around - tastes the flavors in his mouth - then, he is ready to eat! When he really likes something, he hums. My mom says he gets that from my Aunt Vilma. It's really cute.
6) Sam is fascinated by ears and toes. He loves them! If you're not careful or not paying attention, he will suck on your ear or toes if exposed. When you stop him or act surprised, he laughs! As for other weird things, Sam loves to lay on laundry - clean or dirty (he prefers dirty). We think it's because it smells like mom and dad. It's just another strange thing about my son!
7) Sam doesn't like watching TV or movies. We've tried everything. Cartoons, Disney, Sesame Street...he just doesn't enjoy it. He will watch for a few minutes and then remembers that he could be doing something else and walks away. This has been hard on mom and dad since we've been waiting for the day we can share all our favorite kid cartoons with Sam. I'm sure it's something that he'll grow into, but for now he's just not interested. That seems strange to me.
Now, Sammy tags Beau Ryan Flatau II, Ray Bingham, Jack Bingham, Sophia Call and Mica Rodriguez.

2 comments:
Yay for Sammy's 7 things! We'll try and keep up with the tag....if I can steal the time. =) We love you guys!
I hear you on the humming, my mom still does that! How cute!
Post a Comment