Saturday, September 27, 2008

Perks!!

I am writing a travel column for two Navy newspapers (one in Fallon, NV and one in Lemoore, CA). A perk of being a travel writer is that you get a lot of free stuff (hotel stays, attraction tickets, and meals). While in Washington, we were invited to have dinner at one of DC's most famous restaurants - Old Ebbitt Grill. It's across the street from the White House and it is usually very hard to get reservations. Ryan and I went on a date to enjoy our free meal. Our bill was comp'd by the manager of the restaurant. We had so much fun. Ryan had two lobsters, I had baby back ribs, we had appetizers and desserts - most of all we had our first romantic night out just the two of us. Ryan and I don't like going out without Sam. This is one of the first times we've been out without him since he was born (I can think of only one other time). It was a very beautiful night. Not only did we have a great meal, but it was also free!
(The lobsters had faces which was very weird, but Ryan sure did seem to enjoy them!)

No comments: